Current Job Openings
Election Materials Proofreader Filipino (Extra-Help Seasonal) (Open)
We are currently seeking dedicated and hard-working individuals for the position of Proofreader:
- Filipino Proofreading
Election Vote Center Representative (Extra Help, Seasonal)
Voter Center Representatives are on the front line of democracy!
- You must be able to provide excellent customer service.
- You are comfortable using technology.
- You enjoy being part of a team.
Election Worker - Office Assistant (Extra Help, Seasonal)
Hundreds of dedicated and hard-working individuals are needed to carry off a successful election. Office Assistants are needed in several areas:
- Clerical Support
- Voter Outreach
Election Warehouse and Field Technician (Extra Help, Seasonal)
Warehouse technicians will be:
- Inventorying and moving voting equipment and Vote Center supplies.
- Assisting in delivery and pickup of voting supplies to Vote Centers throughout the County.
Field technicians will:
- Assist in delivery, connection and testing of voting equipment at Vote Centers.
- Troubleshooting voting equipment at Vote Centers.
Ballot Retrieval Operations Specialist (Extra Help, Seasonal)
Ballot Retrieval Specialist are needed to retrieve ballots throughout San Mateo County!
You must have a valid CA driver’s license and be able to drive a county vehicle (van, SUV, car) to various locations in San Mateo County
You must have a positive work ethic and be able to work as part of a team
Requires the ability to work weekdays; evenings, weekends, and overtime as needed
Vote Center Volunteer
Volunteering is a rewarding experience, play a crucial role in the democratic process!
- Welcome and assist voters to the Vote Center.
- Help voters check in.
- Manage and coordinate voter traffic.
APPLY NOW AND SIGN UP FOR ONE OF OUR ONE-DAY VIRTUAL HIRING EVENTS!
Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin and/or Cantonese, Tagalog/Filipino, Korean, Burmese, Hindi or Japanese is preferred for Customer Service and Outreach positions but it is not required.
These will be extra-help, at-will assignments, paid on an hourly basis. Extra help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the assignment. Overtime is expected.
Student Democracy Program
The San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division’s Student Democracy Program is aimed at giving high school students an inside look at American democracy in action.
Please do not call the Elections Division or the Human Resources department about these positions.