(Election Code Sections 2188, 2194 and 2157.2)
Information on your voter registration affidavit is used by elections officials to send you official information on the voting process, such as the location of your polling place and the issues and candidates that will appear on the ballot.
Commercial use of voter registration information is prohibited by law and a misdemeanor.
Voter registration information may be provided to:
- a candidate for office
- a ballot measure committee
- or to persons or groups for elections, scholarly, journalistic, political or government purposes as determined by the Secretary of State.
Driver’s license, Social Security numbers and/or your signature as shown on your voter registration card cannot be released for these purposes.
All legitimate requests to view, purchase, or use voter registration information must be accompanied by a written application and proper payment.
Simply complete the Application to Purchase/View Voter Registration Information and:
- Bring the completed form and your payment to the address listed below. (You will need to bring your driver’s license with you.)
- Mail the completed and signed form along with payment to the San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division at the address listed below. (Mail orders must be accompanied by a photocopy of your driver’s license or other photo ID.)
- San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division
40 Tower Road
San Mateo, CA 94402
|The fees for voter data are as follows:
|Voter Information (per file)
|Printed List of Voters
$0.50 per 1000 voters
The San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division does not produce printed maps.
Inquiries regarding voter data files should be directed to Elections Information Services at 650.312.5222 or email@example.com.