What is a Vote Center Volunteer?
We need energetic and dedicated people to serve their community on Election Day. Earn up to $280 working on Election Day. This is a great way for community organizations to volunteer as a group and support their local voters. Do you have what it takes to serve on democracy's front line? Then sign-up to be a Vote Center Volunteer!
Who can participate?
In order to be a Vote Center Volunteer, applicants must:
- Read, write and speak fluent English (Elections Code §12303)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the United States
When does Vote Center Volunteer Program take place?
- Recruitment begins in November
- Applications are due by 5 p.m. February 14th, 2024
- Training (two hours) will be in Mid - February
- Election Day is Tuesday, March 5, 2024
Why participate as a Vote Center Volunteer?
- See democracy in action from a local perspective
- Work alongside hundreds of fellow volunteers safeguarding voters right to vote
- Earn $280 for just working Election Day and attending one training class!
What do Vote Center Volunteers do?
Assist Vote Center Representatives with:
- Set up and close the Vote Center (6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.) on Election Day!
- Volunteers will greet voters, distribute election materials and voter check in forms, direct voters, and conduct line management.
How do I apply?
- Fill out the application.
- Fill out the W-4 IRS Information Sheet which must be returned with your application.
- Attach a copy of your Social Security card or Permanent Residency card.
Give your signed application to the Registration & Elections Division by the deadline (via mail or in person) at
Attn: Vote Center Unit, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402 or by email to VoteCenters@smcacre.gov.
|Training Session||$95||Required; Mid-February|
|Required; 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.|